November 6, 2009
UTAN BISAYA INGREDIENTS:
1 bundle malunggay leaves, removed from stem
2 c. kalabasa, cut into wedges
1 bundle sitaw, cut around 2” length
3 medium size gabi, cut into wedges
1 bundle okra, cut into wedges
3 small size talong, cut into wedges
1 bundle alugbati (if available)
1 small bundle spring onions, chopped
tanglad or lemon grass (optional)
fried fish flakes
UTAN BISAYA PROCEDURES:
1. In a deep stoneware, bring sliced kalabasa and gabi to a boil.
2. Add sliced sitaw, talong and okra. Cook until fork-tender.
3. When soft, mash the gabi and some kalabasa to thicken the soup.
4. Add alugbati and tanglad.
5. Add fried fish flakes for flavor.
6. When soup starts to boil, add malunggay, spring onion and alugbati, cook until leafy vegetables are just cooked. Add salt to taste.
7. Serve immediately.