August 5, 2008
UBE MARBLES INGREDIENTS
1 kilo cooked and mashed ube (purple taro)
4 small cans condensed milk
1 medium-sized can evaporated milk
1 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
violet food coloring (optional)
refined white sugar
UBE MARBLES PROCEDURES
1. Dissolve cornstarch in water. Set aside.
2. Combine mashed ube and condensed milk in a pan. Cook over low heat. Add violet food coloring, if desired. Stir thoroughly.
3. Remove pan from heat, then add dissolve cornstarch. Mix well.
4. Put pan back on the stove. Continue cooking the ube mixture until it is thick. One indicateion that it is cooked is when the mixture no longer sticks to the pan.
5. Pour evaporatd milk in swirling motions so that there ar white streaks on the violet mixture. Stir twice. Allow to cook.
6. Shape the ube mixture into balls. Roll on sugar. Put the ube balls in a glass jar or wrap individually in cellophane, if desired.