May 8, 2010
2 cups glutinous rice, soaked overnight
1 cup sugar
1 cup young coconut, shredded into strips
banana leaves passed through flames to wilt
1. Grind the rice until fine.
2. Transfer the ground rice to a choose cloth. Tie the end of the cheese cloth. Press to remove excess water.
3. Place the ground rice into a tray to dry a little.
4. Add the sugar and young coconut. Mix well. Add water to form a soft mixture.
5. Place 3 tablespoons of the mixture, form into a cylinder and place in banana leaves. Flatten a little before broiling over hot charcoal.
6. The tupig is done when the filling is brownish and chewy in consistency.