September 2, 2010
Tripe with Chickpeas Ingredients:
1 kilo goto (ox tripe), cleaned, washed and sliced into strips
2 tbps cooking oil
1 cup cooked chickpeas (garbanzos)
4 pcs. chorizo de bilbao, sliced
1 thumb-sized ginger, crushed
1 head garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1 large potato, peeled then cubed
1 cup tomato sauce
4 cups water
1 carrot sliced
4 tbps. sugar
1 1/2 tbsps. paprika
1 bell pepper, dice
4 tbps. cornstarch slurry (2 1/2 mix tbsps. cornstarch with 2 tbsps. water)
Tripe with Chickpeas Procedures:
1. Place the tribe, ginger and some water in a pot and allow to boil for an hour, or until tripe is tender. Remove tripe from water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan and saute garlic and onions.
3. Add the tomato sauce and allow to boil.
4. Add the tripe and add some more water. Allow to boil.
5. Add the carrots and the potatoes until cooked.
6. Add the sugar, paprika, chorizo de bilbao, chickpeas, salt and pepper. Allow to boil for 15 minutes.
7. Add the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. Mix.
8. Served topped with diced bell pepper.