September 19, 2009
TORTANG TALONG INGREDIENTS
2 to 4 talong (eggplants), average size
2 to 3 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper, to taste
oil, for frying
TORTANG TALONG PROCEDURES
1. Broil eggplants until tender (the skins are charred and blister appears).
2. Once cool, peel off the skins of the eggplant and retain the crown and the stem. Gently flatten its meat by using the back of a fork. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
4. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Dip each eggplant, one at a time into the egg mixture. Gently bring the bowl near the skillet and tip, lowering the eggplant onto the heated oil.
5. Fry until golden brown on one side, then turn and brown the other. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm and serve.