June 12, 2010
Tiolah Sapi Ingredients:
1 small garlic, peeled
1 onion, chopped
2 thumb-size turmeric (luyang dilaw)
1/2 thumb-size ginger, peeled and sliced
4 pcs siling labuyo, sliced
pinch of salt
1 coconut, grated and toasted dark brown
1/r cup cooking oil
1 kilo beef short ribs
3 beef cubes
6 cups rice washing or water
1 bundle native pechay
Tiolah Sapi Procedures:
1. Combine and pound together the first seven ingredients or process in a food processor to paste. This is called the pamapa.
2. Hea oil and saute pamapa mixture and beef in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
3. Add beef cubes and 6 cups rice washing or water.
4. Simmer until beef is tender.
5. Add pechay leaves.
6. Adjust seasoning and cook for 2 minutes more.
Makes 4-6 servings.