March 9, 2010
1 tablespoon sweet jack fruit (cut it into small pieces)
1 tablespoon preserved macapuno strips
1 tablespoon preserved ube (purple yam)
1 tablespoon canned corn
1 tablespoon preserved palm fruit
1 tablespoon nata de coco
1 tablespoon preserved beans
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 pint ice cream (your choice of flavor)
October 19, 2009
UBE JAM INGREDIENTS
1 kilo ube yam root
1 can (14 ounces) evaporated milk
2 cans (12 ounces) condensed milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
UBE JAM PROCEDURES:
1. On a pot, boil the unpeeled ube yam in water and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain and let cool.
2. Peel and finely grate the ube yam.
3. Heat a big wok in medium heat.
4. Melt butter or margarine, add the condensed milk and vanilla flavoring. Mix well.
5. Add the 1 kilo grated ube yam.
6. Adjust the heat to low.
7. Keep on mixing the ingredients for about 30 minutes or until sticky and a bit dry (but still moist).
8. Add the evaporated milk and continue to mix for another 15 minutes.
9. Let cool and place on a large platter.
10. Refrigerate before serving the halayang ube.