September 20, 2010
SWEET AND SOUR PORK INGREDIENTS:
1 lb Pork shoulder or butt
1/3 cup Distilled white vinegar
2 Bell peppers
1 tbsp Peanut oil
1 cup Water
2 tbsps Soy sauce
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp 1 Tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp All-purpose flour
SWEET AND SOUR PORK PROCEDURES:
1. Chop the pork and vegetables into cubes.
2. Add the oil to a medium saucepan or skillet, the add the meat, water, and onions and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the meat is very tender and breaks apart easily.
3. Add potatoes, peppers, the carrot, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and sugar.
4. Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes to allow the vegetables time to cook and absorb the flavor.
5. Add flour to the broth to make gravy.