June 4, 2010
1 kilo squid, cleaned, discarding ink sac
3 tbsps soy sauce
3 tbsps calamansi juice
1/4 kilo ground pork
1/3 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 tbsps chopped chives
1 egg, beaten
1/4 ground black pepper
1 cup flour
1 chicken cube
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup Japanese bread crumbs
cooking oil for deep frying
1. Marinate squid in soy sauce and calamansi juice for about 1 hour.
2. Combine ground pork, carrots, onions, chives, egg, salt and black pepper.
3. Stuff into marinated squid.
4. Fasten head to body with a toothpick.
5. Steam for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
6. Prepare flour mixture by combining crushed chicken cube, salt and black pepper. Mix thoroughly.
7. Dredge steamed squid in flour mixture.
8. Dip in egg.
9. Roll in Japanese bread crumbs.
10. Deep fry until golden brown in color.
11. Drain in paper towels.
12. Slice into serving pieces and dip in ready-to-serve sweet and sour sauce.