March 3, 2010
Special Tokwa’t Baboy Ingredients:
1/4 cup oil
1/2 kilo liempo (pork belly), cut into 1/2- inch cubes
1/4 kilo tokwa
3 tablespoons chopped onions
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons chopped carrots
3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
1 cup sitsaro (snowpeas)
1/2 cup oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon chopped siling labuyo (chili pepper)
1 teaspoon ground pepper
salt to taste
Special Tokwa’t Baboy Procedures:
1. Heat the oil then stir-fry the liempo until brown. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, fry the tokwa until golden brown. Drain then cut into cubes. Set aside.
3. Saute the garlic and onions. Add fried pork and tokwa.
4. Season with soy sauce then add the carrots and bell peppers. Cook for a few minutes.
5. Add the sitsaro and oyster sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Season with pepper and salt.