May 6, 2010
Sinigang na Ulang Ingredients:
2 kls. ulang (freshawater lobster), washed
4 cups rice wash
4 tomatoes, sliced
1 green finger pepper
1 bundle string beans, sliced into 2l-inch lengths
1 bundle kangkong, leaves and tender stalks only
1 labanos (white radish), sliced into rounds
1/2 k. tamarind (sampalok) fruit, boiled, washed then strained for juice.
3 tbsps. patis (fish sauce)
Sinigang na Ulang Procedures:
1. Place the rice wash in a pot.
2. Add the ulang, tomatoes, onions, finger pepper and salt. Allow to simmer in a low heat for 12minutes.
3. Add the string beans, labanos, and lastly kangkong.
4. Add the tamarind juice; stir.
5. Season with patis before serving.