June 8, 2010
Sinigang na Kanduli Ingredients:
1 kilo Kanduli (or catfish)
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 head garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 liter water (4 1/2 cups)
2 -3 pcs taro (gabi), peeled and cut into 2″x2″ cubes
2 eggplants, sliced
2 packs sinigang mix (40 grams)
1 bunch of kangkong (leaves and upper stalks only)
1 bunch kamote tops (leaves only)
1 tsp patis
2 - 3 pcs finger peppers
Sinigang na Kanduli Procedures:
1. Cut fish into serving pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat cooking oil in a bag saucepan or casserole.
3. Saute garlic. Add onions and tomatoes. Stir until onions are transparent and tomatoes start to crumble.
4. Add 1 liter of water.
5. Add taro.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Once boiling, lower heat and let simmer until taro is almost tender.
8. Add the eggplant and simmer for 5 minutes.
9. Add the sinigang mix.
10. Next, add the fish and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the fish.
11. Add kangkong, kamote tops and finger pepper.
12. Simmer for another minute.
13. Season with patis.
14 Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.