November 9, 2009
SINIGANG NA BANGUS INGREDIENTS:
1 piece large bangus, cleaned and sliced into serving pieces
5 cups water
1 small ginger, sliced
2 pieces tomatoes, quartered
1 medium onion, sliced
2 medium eggplants, cut into serving pieces
5 pieces string beans, cut into serving pieces
2 cups kangkong leaves
SINIGANG NA BANGUS PROCEDURES:
1. In a casserole, bring water to a boil together with the ginger.
2. Add the bangus, tomatoes, and onion and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the tamarind powder and salt to taste.
4. Add the eggplant and string beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, add the kangkong leaves, and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
* 1 small pack tamarind powder
* 1 teaspoon salt