July 19, 2008
Sinigang na Baboy Ingredient
1 kilo pork cutlet/riblet
12 pcs tamarind (sampalok) or sinigang/sampalok mix
3-4 medium tomatoes, sliced
1-2 pcs Jalapeno peppers
1 big onion, sliced
6-9 cups water
1 eggplant, sliced 1-inch thick and quartered
2 pcs radish, sliced
1 bunch string beans, cut into 2/3 inches
salt and patis to taste
1 pc gabi, cut into cubes
1 bundle, cut into 2 inches long
Sinigang na baboy Procedure
1. Boil tamarind until soft or the mixed tamarind. Pound and strain all juices and set aside.
2. Put pork in a pot. Pour water to cover the meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until pork is tender.
3. While simmering, add onions, tomatoes, and tamarind juice.
4. Add all the vegetables except the kangkong leaves and let it cook for a few minutes.
5. Season with salt and patis to taste.
6. Add the kangkong leaves.
7. Serve hot.