June 15, 2010
6 pcs. tilapia fish
5 tomatoes, minced
3 small onions, minced
1 thumb-size ginger, minced
2 pcs. bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo), sliced
1 bundle pechay
3 cups coconut milk
salt to taste
1. Gut and wash the tilapia. Rinse well. Create an incision on the back of the tilapia sizable enough to stuff into.
2. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, ginger, and siling labuyo. Mix well.
3. Stuff the tomato mixture into the fish.
4. Swap each fish in the pechay leaves.
5. Place the fish in a shallow pan or skillet. Pour in the coconut milk and allow to boil.
6. When it is already boiling, lower the heat and allow to simmer for half an hour more or until the fish is done. Season with salt if needed.