March 17, 2010
Sinampalukang Manok Ingredients:
2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoon chopped onions
2 tablespoon grated ginger
1 kilo native chicken, cut into pieces
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 1/2 lites water
2 cups fresh sampalok (tamarind) or 1 pack sinigang mix
1 cup chopped eggplant
5 pieces siling haba (finge chili)
1 bundle kangkong, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
Sinampalukang Manok Procedures:
1. Heat the oil in a pan then saute the garlic, onions, ginger, and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat.
2. Add water and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil.
3. Add sampalok (or sinigang mix). If using fresh sampalok, cook until tender the mash to extract the juice. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
4. Stir in eggplant and siling haba. simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and add the kangkong. Season with salt and pepper. Cover for 5 minutes before serving.