October 19, 2009
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp rapid rise yeast
½ tsp salt
Water enough to make soft dough
1 cup oil
½ cup white sugar
1. In a bowl, mix flour, salt and yeast.
2. Add enough water and mix thoroughly to form soft dough.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead. You need dough smooth and not sticky.
4. Place dough into bowl, cover with damp cloth. I place my dough in the oven with light on.
5. Let it rise for 1 hour or until the size is doubled.
6. Punch down dough, knead on a floured surface and form into a log.
7. Cut into pieces, 1-1/2 inches long.
8. Roll each piece into a long stick as thick as your finger.
10. Place it on the baking sheet, cover with damp cloth, and let it rise for another hour.
After an Hour:
1. Heat oil in a deep pan. I used wok! If you have a fryer the better.
2. Drop shakoy one at a time.
3. Cook each side until brown.
4. Drain, and sprinkle with sugar.