May 20, 2011
Roasted Ostrich Ingredients:
1/2 k. ostrich meat
2 heads garlic, chopped
2 small onions, chopped
pepper to taste
3 pieces bay leaves
1 tsp. mustard, store-brought
pinch of salt
Roasted Ostrich Procedures:
1. Combine the garlic, onions, pepper, bay leaves, mustard, salt and corn oil. Mix well. This will serve as a marinade.
2. Marinate the ostrich meat overnight.
3. Sear the ostrich meat on a griddle pan or pan.
4. Place the meat on a baking tray and place in a preheated oven (middle heat). Roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, glaze the pan with some red wine. Add two more tablespoons of red wine. Season with pepper. Add the butter. Cook until the mixture thickens. This will serve as the sauce.
6. Serve the ostrich meat with sauce and choice of side dish.