May 20, 2011
Red Snapper Ala Badjao Ingredients:
2 pcs. whole red snapper (lapu-lapu)
1 cup boiled mussels
1 cup boiled clams
1 cup cooked shrimp
2 onions, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
4 fresh red chili (siling labuyo)
1 head garlic, crushed
5 tsps. fish stock
2 pcs. calamansi, juice only
salt to taste
pepper to taste
Red Snapper Ala Badjao Procedures:
1. Clean the red snapper, remove the scales but leave the head and tail.
2. Slit the underside of the fish and remove the backbone. This will create a cavity; set aside.
3. Discard the shells of the mussels and clams devein the shrimp; set aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and saute onion and garlic until crisp. Add the remaining vegetables. Add the mussels, clams and shrimps. Stir-fry.
5. Add the fish and season with salt and pepper. Cook some more until the liquid has reduced. Stuff this mixture with the red scapper cavity.
6. Wrap the red snapper in banana leaves and steam. (Alternatively, you can also use the oven and bake the red snapper in moderate heat if steaming is not desired.)