August 4, 2008
PUSO NG SAGING INGREDIENTS
1 medium-sized puso ng saging (banana heart)
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1/4 cup tomatoes, sliced
1/4 cup onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 pieces of tinapa or a few slices of pork
1 tbsp vinegar
oil for sautèing
salt and pepper to taste
salt and water for soaking banana heart
PUSO NG SAGING PROCEDURES
1. Remove and discard the banana heart’s tough covering. Slice the banana heart thinly crosswise.
2. Soak banana heart in a mixture of salt and water for at least 30 minutes. Squeeze banana heart to remove bitter juice. Rinse, drain and set aside.
3. In a work or skillet, saute garlic in oil until golden brown. Add onion and tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add banana heart. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
5. Simmer until banana heart is tender. Add coconut milk. Stir well before removing from heat.