May 25, 2010
1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 head garlic, minced
1 tbsp. achuete, mixed with water and color extracted
2 tbsp. patis
2 cups chicken broth
4 tbsp. flour rice (about 1/4 cup ground rice)
cooking oil for frying chicken
vegetables like sitaw and petchay (optional)
1. Brown the rice flour in a pan and set aside.
2. In another pan, brown the chicken pieces in hot oil and set aside.
3. Using the same pan, saute the garlic and add the chicken pieces.
4. Season with patis before adding the chicken broth.
5. Add the achuete extract.
6. Allow to boil until done.
7. Note: Vegetables like sitaw (string beans) and pechay may be added if desired.