June 4, 2010
Pinaputok na Kitang Ingredients:
5 medium-sized kitang (about 1 kilo)
2 beef cubes, crushed
4 small tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 thumb-size ginger, minced
Banana leaves, wilted (for wrapping fish)
Cooking oil for deep frying
Pinaputok na Kitang Procedures:
1. Rub fish with beef cubes and set aside for about 10 minutes.
2. Combine tomatoes, onions, and ginger. Put a tablespoonful of the mixture under and on top of the fish.
3. Wrap fish completely in banana leaves.
4. Deep fry in hot oil for about 10 minutes or until fish is cooked.
5. Discard banana leaves before serving.