May 5, 2011
Pinangat na gabi ingredients:
24 gabi stems and leaves
1/4 kilo cooked pork, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup dried fish, boiled and flaked
1/2 cup bagoong alamang
2 pieces siling labuyo, crushed
2/3 cup green onions, finely cut
1 1/2 cups pure coconut milk
1 1/2 cups coconut milk (second extraction)
Pinangat na gabi procedures:
1. String stems and cut into two-inch lengths.
2. Wash leaves.
3. Mix pork, fish, 3 tablespoons bagoong, garlic 1 teaspoon gingner, siling labuyo and green onions.
4. Add pure coconut milk.
5. Pile four leaves together and put 3 tablespoons of the mixture.
6. Wrap and tie.
7. Repeat the same procedure with the rest of the ingredients.
8. Arrange in a kettle together with the stems and pour second extraction of coconut milk.
9. Season with the remaining bagoong.
10. Add 1 teaspoon ginger.
11. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 hours.