July 14, 2010
Pili Brittle Ingredients:
1 cup pilinut 1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. margarine 8 tbsp. sugar
4 tspb. Water 4 tbsp. corn syrup
Pili Brittle Procedures:
1. Dry pilinut under the sun or in a mechanical dryer. Cool and remove seed coats.
2. Combine pilinut, sugar, water and corn syrup in a pan.
3. Cook over medium heat until syrup turns golden brown or when threading occurs. Remove from heat.
4. Add margarine and mix well.
5. Add baking soda and stir thoroughly.
6. Spread on grease wooden board and cut while hot into desired sizes.
7. Wrap in cellophane when cooled.