August 5, 2008
PEANUT BRITTLE INGREDIENTS
2 cups peanuts, roasted and unsalted
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 tbsp water
1 tbsp butter
PEANUT BRITTLE PROCEDURES
1. In a saucepan, melt sugar until it turns brown. Do not stir. Continue to cook until theliquid thickens.
2. Add the water. Simmer until the liquid thickens (it should from a string when lifted with a spoon).
3. Add butter and stir continuously utnil the butter melts. Pour in peanuts and continue stirring. Make sure the peanuts are completely coated with the liquid.
4. Brush butter on a small square pan. Pour the peanut mixture on the pan. Set aside for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture hardens.
5. Break the peanut brittle into secdtions. Wrap in cellophane or put in airtight containers.