March 3, 2010
Patuten/ Pato Tim (Humbang Itik) Ingredients:
4 tablespoons chopped garlic
6 tablespoons chopped onions
1 whole dressed duck
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cups pineapple juice
1 cup taba or coconut wine (red)
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon star anise
1 cup water
4 tablespoons tausi (salted black beans)
brown sugar, salt, and pepper to taste
Patuten/ Pato Tim (Humbang Itik) Procedures:
1. Heat some oil in a pan then saute the garlic and onions.
2. And the whole duck and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Add the soy sauce, pineapple juice, tuba, bay leaf, and star anise. Simmer over low heat until duck is tender.
4. Add water gradually when needed.
5. Stir in tausi and season with brown sugar, salt, and pepper.