July 27, 2013
Bread flour (50 kg)
Water (27.5 kg)
Refined sugar (9 kg)
Vegetable shortening (2.5 kg)
Salt (0.86 kg)
Instant yeast (0.38 kg)
1. Preheat oven at 175°C (350°F)
2. Mix all ingredients.
3. Knead the dough, place in bowl, cover with damp cheesecloth and leave for two hours.
4. Punch dough to remove air.
5. Divide the dough into 16 equal portions (about 550 grams per piece).
6. Form each dough piece with approximate length of 30 inches per piece.
7. Rest dough for 45 minutes.
8. Cut dough into 20 equal portions (about 27.5 grams per piece).
9. Roll in breadcrumbs and arrange on baking trays in cut side up manner.
10. Proof until double in size in warm and moist proofing cabinet (about 32-34°C with 85% relative
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.