October 3, 2009
Pancit or ‘”Pansit”‘ is a stir-fried noodle dish common in the Philippines. This food is second in popularity to rice in the country, and is similar to yakisoba and yakiudon, Japanese-style stir-fried noodles.
PANCIT BIHON INGREDIENTS
2 cups of chicken broth or 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups of water
1/4 cabbage, sliced into strips
8oz pack pancit bihon noodles
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1/3 cups scallions, cut into pieces
1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
1 carrot, sliced into strips
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
add pepper for taste
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
add salt for taste add to basket
5 pieces of calamansi or lemon, sliced
3/4 cup diced celery
PANCIT BIHON PROCEDURE
1. Soak the pancit bihon noodles to soften for 10 minutes.
2. Mix in the pancit bihon noodles and add the soy sauce, cook for about 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
3. Grease a large pan or wok with oil. Sauté garlic and onions. Salt or pepper to taste.
4. Add the chicken broth, the shredded chicken breast and all the vegetables until cooked.
5. Squeeze calamansi or lemon when ready to eat for taste.