September 2, 2010
4 tbsps. cooking oil
1 head garlic, minced
1 medium-sized onion, minced
1/2 kilo shrimps, peeled then chopped
1 small upo (bottle gourd), sliced
cooking oil for deep-frying
water or starch paste for sealing wrappers
1. Heat oil and saute the garlic and onion.
2. Add the shrimp and saute some more.
3. Add the upo and allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked.
4. Drain the liquid and allow to cool.
5. Place the filling in a lumpia wrapper and form into triangles. Seal edges with water or starch paste.
6. Deep-fry until golden brown.
7. Drain to remove excess oil before serving.