March 10, 2010
Palakang Bukid Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
1 kilo palakang bukid, cleaned
4 tablespoons chopped garlic
6 tablespoons chopped onions
1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons chopped ginger
1/2 teaspoons chopped siling labuyo (chili pepper)
salt and pepper to taste
Palakang Bukid Procedures:
1. Heat oil in a pan and stir-fry the frog until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In the pan, saute garlic, onions, and tomatoes.
3. Add frog, soy sauce, and ginger. cover pan and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add siling labuyo and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve topped with more chopped tomatoes.
To clean a frog:
1. Hold the frog against a chopping board with a small knife.
2. Remove the skin by pulling it with your fingers. Rub the frog with ash to make the skin less slippery so you can grip it better.
3. Cut off the head and feet.
4. Slit open the body and remove the internal organs.
5. Wash the frog thoroughly inside and out.