November 20, 2008
1 small pineapple (half-pipe), slice into cubes
1 kilo tripe (goto or callos), sliced into 2-inch strips, boiled in vinegar, salt and water
stock form the boiled goto
6 pcs. starfruit (balimbing), thinly sliced
5 small tomatoes, chopped
3 onions, sliced
1 thumb-size giner, sliced
1 head garlic, minced
achuete water (1/2 cup achuete mixed in 1 cup water)
1 small bamboo shoot (labong), sliced, boiled then drained
1. In a pan, saute garlic, tomatoes, onions and tripe. Keep stirring until the mixture dries up a little.
2. Add the bamboo shoots and pineapple. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add the stock followed by the achuete water.
4. Cover until the bamboo shoots and pineapple are cooked.
5. Add the starfruit, bay leaves and whole peppercorns. Allow to simmer until cooked.