March 10, 2010
Paes (Steamed Stingray) Ingredients:
2 tablespoons chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1/2 tablespoon chopped siling labuyo (chili pepper)
1 tablespoon chopped siling haba (finger chili)
salt to taste
1 medium pagi (stingray), cleaned with tail removed
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
Paes (Steamed Stingray) Procedures:
1. In a bowl, combine onions, tomatoes, ginger, siling labuyo and haba, and some salt.
2. Stuff the mixture inside the stingray. Sprinkle with some salt.
3. Wrap the stuffed stingray in banana leaves and steam for 45 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and arrange on a platter. Top with spring onions.
5. Serve with sauce made by combining mayonnaise with pepper.