March 3, 2010
Pata Tim (Glazed Pork Leg) Ingredients:
4 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chopped onions
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 kilo pork pata (front), chopped
1 bay leaf
4 cups clear softdrink
1 1/2 cups catsup
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
1 cup dried oregano leaves
1/4 cup dried bulaklak ng saging (banana blossoms)
1 cup pineapple tidbits
salt and pepper to taste
Pata Tim (Glazed Pork Leg) Procedures:
1. In a pressure cooker, heat oil then saute garlic, onions, pata and bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
2. Add softdrinks, catsup, soy sauce, sugar, peppercorns, and oregano. Cover and cook over high heat.
3. When the regulator starts releasing steam, lower the heat and cook for 45 minutes.
4. Remover cooker from heat and release before opening.
5. Return pan to the heat and add the pineapple and bulaklak ng saging. Simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste.