August 9, 2009
1 kg beef or pork (for stewing)
4 small onions (diced)
1/2 head garlic (minced)
1 pinch salt and pepper
7 medium potatoes (cut to the same size as the beef)
10 pieces Chinese cabbage (cut into four)
12 pieces bok choy (cut into 3)
2 corn on the cob, chopped (optional)
2 tablespoons patis (Asian fish sauce)
2 tablespoons oil
1. In a soup pot, brown garlic and onion.
2. Add in beef, water and bring to a boil, lower the fire and let simmer until beef is tender for about an hour or two (longer for more flavor).
3. Remove all the resulting scum that will rise to the top of the pot and keep the stock clear.
4. Add potatoes and bring up to a boil to cook potatoes.
5. Season with salt, pepper and patis.
6. Lower heat and add in vegetables and cook uncovered.
7. Serve hot with rice, soy sauce/patis and calamansi to taste.