June 21, 2009
1 cup (10 crackers) M.Y. San Grahams Honey, crushed
8 tablespoons (1/2 of 225g block) butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup evaporated milk
2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 pieces mangoes, sliced or formed into balls
1/3 cup mango jam
1. DO CRUST - In a bowl, combine crushed M.Y. San Grahams and butter. Press onto the bottom of an 8×8 pan. Chill.
2. DO CUSTARD - Mix sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Gradually stir in half of the warm milk mixture into beaten egg yolks, then stir back into saucepan with remaining milk mixture. Continue to cook until thick. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
3. LAYER - Pour custard into prepared piecrust and top with mango slices or balls. Heat mango jam until melted and brush over mangoes.
4. CHILL and SERVE
Note: Makes 8 servings.
* When doing the custard, do not let the mixture boil, or the mixture will have lumps.
* Whip cream and decorate edges.