June 21, 2009
10 pieces M.Y. San Grahams Honey
3 pieces bananas, lacatan, sliced 1/4″ thick
4 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
3/4 can (301 ml) evaporated milk
2 pieces egg yolk
1 1/2 tbsp butter, melted
3/4 tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup (3/4 of 250ml brick) all purpose cream, chilled
1. DO CREAM - In a pan, mix cornstarch, sugar and milk. Cook over low heat until cornstarch are dissolved. In a bowl, mix egg yolks and half of milk mixture. Pour egg-milk mixture back into the pan. Stir. Add vanilla and butter. Simmer on low heat until thick. Add bananas. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
2. LAYER - In a 6×6 pan, layer M.Y. San Grahams. Pour 1/2 of mixture. Spread evenly. Do one more layer alternating M.Y. San Grahams and mixture.
3. WHIP CREAM - Put chilled all purpose cream in a bowl and whip till stiff and doubled in volume.
4. CHILL and TOP with whipped cream. SERVE.
* Top the pie with chocolate shavings or drizzle with chocolate syrup.