September 9, 2011
You will need:
Milk chocolate covered polvoron ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups powdered milk
1 cup refined sugar
1 cup butter
flavorings: nuts, pinipig, cookies ‘n cream (optional)
Milk Chocolate Dip
8 ounces milk chocolate chips
1. On a pan, toast flour in moderate heat for about 15 minutes, or until light brown, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
2. Remove the pan and transfer the mixture into a big bowl.
3. Add the powdered milk, and toss for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Add sugar, other flavorings and melted butter. Mix well.
5. Fill the polvoron mould with the mixture, press it hard by using a spoon, then release it. If it is still too loose, add more butter or olive oil and store in the freezer for an hour (this will harden the polvoron).
Milk Chocolate Dip Procedure:
1. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate while stirring gently.
TIP: When you are melting over a double boiler, don’t let the water touch the bottom of your upper pan. Heat only until half of the chocolate is melted, then remove from heat and stir gently until it is all melted.
2. Stick the toothpick in a piece of polvoron gently and dip it in the chocolate dip to coat and simply place them on a sheet of wax paper to let dry. For variations, you can use white chocolates or any other colors.