August 5, 2008
MARUYANG KAMOTE INGREDIENTS
1-2 pcs kamote (sweet potatoes), sliced into thin strips
2 1/4 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup fresh milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp, plus extra sugar for dusting
oil for fryingMARUYANG KAMOTE PROCEDURES
1. In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
2. Combine the milk and egg in a separate bowl. Add this to the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
3. Blend in the kamote strips, making sure that they are evenly coated.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Put about 1/4 of the kamote batter into the pan and fry until golden brown. Remove from pan and drain.
5. Fry the remaining batter in batches. Add more oil if necessary. Dust the fried kamote with sugar, if desired.