August 25, 2010
Lumpia Ubod Ingredients:
1 kilo fresh ubod (coconut trunk pith), julienned
1/2 kilo pork, boiled then diced
3 large onions, sliced
1 head garlic, minced
chicken or pork broth
For the sauce:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 cup water
2 tbsps. cornstarch
2 tbsps. sugar
Lumpia Ubod Procedures:
1. To prepare the sauce: Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and ook in medium heat. Cook for 30 minutes. ook while stirring constantly to allow a smooth sauce to form.
2. To prepare the lumpia, heat oil in a skillet and saute the garlic and onions.
3. Add the dice pork and cook until it turns brown. Pour broth and allow to boil.
4. When it boils add the ubod and stir. Cook for a few minutes.
5. Cover and cook for a few minutes more. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes more.
6. Add the carrots and green beans. Stir lightly and allow cool.
7. To serve: Place a lettuce leaf on a lumpia wrapper. Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of the ubod mixture. Roll. Repeat this procedre until all the mixture and lumpia wrappers have been used up.
8. Serve with sauce and extra minced garlic on the side.