March 3, 2010
Liver con Bacon Ingredients:
1/2 kilo chicken or pork liver
1/2 cup soy sauce
juice from 1/4 kilo calamansi
2 cloves garlic, crushed
pepper to taste
1/2 kilo bacon strips
oil for deep-frying
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Liver con Bacon Procedures:
1. Cut the liver into 1/2 inch cubes.
2. Marinate the liver in a mixture of soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, and pepper for 30 minutes.
3. Roll the liver in bacon strips and secure with toothpicks.
4. Heat the oil for frying then cook the bacon-wrapped liver until golden brown.
5. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
6. Serve with mayonnaise as dip.