August 5, 2008
LENGUA DE GATO INGREDIENTS
1 cup flour
3 egg whites
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
LENGUA DE GATO PROCEDURES
1. Use a mixer (set at medium speed) to cream the butter. Gradually add sugar. Continue mixing until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg whites, beat thoroughly after adding each one. Add vanilla essence.
3. Sift flour and add to the batter, blending well to form a smooth mixture. Transfer the mixture into a small-tipped pastry bag.
4. Pipe 4-inch strips of the batter onto baking trays that have been greased and floured. Make sure that the strips are at least 2 inches apart.
5. Bake each batch in oven preheated at 350°F for about 7 minutes or until edge of each cookie is light brown.
6. Remove cookies from the tray and transfer to a plate. Set aside to cook before serving or putting into airtight canisters.