July 27, 2013
4 cups freshly grated coconut
2 cups of warm water
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the grated coconut with warm water. Extract the coconut juice using a cheesecloth. Repeat 2x.
2. Bring the coconut mixture to a boil and cook until mixture is dry, about 20-30 minutes.
3. The water will evaporates and what is left is the coconut oil and coconut milk curd.
4. Continue to cook on low heat. Stirring the bottom so it wil not burn.
5. What is left is the fried coconut milk curd or commonly known as latik.