June 1, 2010
1/4 kilo pork
1/4 kilo shrimps, shelled, deveined
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 pcs bread slices, flaked
1 egg, beaten
1 cup chicken meat, flaked
150 grams sotanghon, soaked
1/2 cup taingang-daga, soaked, sliced and squeezed dry
3 tsps cooking oil
8 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped kinchay
2 chicken cubes
6 cups chicken broth
1 tbsps patis
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup Chinese peas (sitsaro)
1. Chop shrimps finely and set aside.
2. Combine ground pork, chopped shrimps, salt, black pepper, flaked bread slices and egg. Mix thoroughly until well blended.
3. Form into 1 inch diameter balls. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan, cook chicken in enough water.
5. Soak sotanghon and taingang-daga in water separately.
6. Chop kinchay leaves finely and set aside.
7. Heat cooking oil and saute garlic until golden brown. Set aside browned garlic for garnishing later.
8. In the same pan, crush chicken cubes in remainging oil.
9. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
10. Drop chicken meat and prepared meatballs in boiling broth, a few at a time.
11. Lower heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
12. Add sotanghon and taingang-daga. Continue cooking until noodles and taingang-daga are cooked.
13. Season with patis and black pepper to taste.
14. When done, add sitsaro and remove from heat.
15. To server, top with chopped kinchay and fried garlic.
Makes 8-10 servings.