August 26, 2015
KINILAW WITH COCONUT MILK INGREDIENTS
½ kilogram fresh fish meat
100 ml undiluted coconut milk (coconut crushed in vinegar)
350 ml vinegar
5 tablespoons sliced onions
5 tablespoons sliced ginger
2 tablespoons sliced bell pepper
1 tabon-tabon fruit, medium-sized
I large citrus fruit (Biasong)
Sliced chili pepper
ESTIMATED PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
KINILAW WITH COCONUT MILK PROCEDURE
1. Slice fish meat (can be cubes, 2 cm or in rectangular prisms, 0.5cm x 2cm) then chill in fridge
2. Place onion and ginger in a bowl. Add a small amount of vinegar and crush mixture using a spoon.
3. Slice the tabon-tabon fruit in half, grate, and place in a small plate. Add a small amount of vinegar, then press to extract juice. Add juice the mixture in the bowl.
4. Do the same with the citrus fruit (Biasong).
5. Add 100 ml of vinegar to the mixture.
6. Season generously with salt, then MSG and chili pepper.
7. Taste to make sure mixture is salty. The fish will just lessen its saltiness
8. Combine with coconut milk, then set aside.
9. Get the fish from the fridge and pour remaining vinegar over it. Crush lightly, just enough to drain excess blood.
10. Add fish meat to the mixture earlier and mix well.