July 11, 2008
* 1 kilo oxtail, cut into serving pieces
* 2 eggplants, slice diagonally
* 5 pieces string beans, cut into 4 cm length
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
* 1 medium sized onion
* 3 tablespoons cooking oil
* 2 teaspoon salt
* 5 cups water
* 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter
* 3 tablespoon sauteed shrimp paste (bagoong)
KARE-KARE PROCEDURE :
1. Put the meat, water, and salt in a casserole and simmer for 60 minutes.
2. Remove the meat from the casserole to a plate.
3. Put the string beans and eggplant in the casserole and boil until cooked.
4. Remove the vegetables from the casserole into another plate.
5. In a large skillet, saute the garlic and onion in hot oil until brown.
6. Put in the meat in the skillet and saute.
7. Transfer the meat back to the casserole with the stewing water and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Stir in the peanut butter and simmer for another 5 minutes.
9. Serve with the cooked vegetables and bagoong on the side.