November 9, 2009
INIHAW NA LIEMPO (GRILLED PORK BELLY) INGREDIENTS
2 kilograms pork belly
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
1-1/4 tablespoon soy sauce
2-1/2 tablespoons 7-Up
INIHAW NA LIEMPO (GRILLED PORK BELLY) PROCEDURES
1. Marinate pork belly in a mixture of all the above for 24 hours in the refrigerator, well covered, naturally so as not to affect the rest of the stuff in there.
2. Braise in marinade for 15 minutes; skin side down.
3. Hang and dry pork belly for around 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Roast over medium heat on a spit with charcoal; or, place in an oven rotisserie and roast until skin is crisp and crackling.
5. Chop and serve with hot steamed rice and cucumber salad. The dish is usually served with a dipping sauce of vinegar with a bit of crushed garlic and/or hot pepper mixed in.