June 1, 2010
5 tbsps cooking oil
5 tbsps achiote (annatto seed)
1 kilo pork liver, thinly sliced
1/2 kilo pork kidney, thinly sliced
2 tbsps garlic, crushed
1/2 cup onions, chopped
3 pcs bay leaves
1 tsp black pepper
5 tbsps soy sauce
1 cup vinegar
2 cups meat stock
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 cup (2 cans) green peas
1 tsp salt
1. Heat oil in a pan, fry annatto seeds until the color of the cooking oil turns into orange. Strain and discard seeds.
2. Saute the garlic until light brown in color then add the onions.
3. Add the pork ingredients. Stir fry for a while.
4. Season with soy sauce, bay leaves and pepper.
5. Continue to saute until the sauce has partially dried out.
6. Add the vinegar and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not stir once the vinegar has been added.
7. Add the meats stocks, bell peppers, green peas and salt.
8. Continue to simmer until the pork ingredients are tender.
9. Serve immediately.