July 27, 2013
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 cup Water
1/2 Cup Margarine, non-hydrogenated
I T Vanilla
golden yellow food color
*Combine all ingredients. Knead to form a dough.
Equally divide the dough into 64 pieces .
If you prefer, larger dice; just divide the dough into 32 pieces.
1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 t Salt
1 1/3 cup Sweet Potato, mashed
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
3/4 cup Condensed Milk
1 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
1/2 cup Margarine, non-hydrogenated
1 t Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Steam sweet potato until cooked. Remove the skin and then mash.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and mix until all dry ingredients are dissolved
3. In a heavy saucepan,cook over low to medium fire. Stir continuously until mixture coats the spoon.
1. Flatten each dough and form into a circle. Place the prepared filling at the center and then gather the edges to seal. Place filled dough on a tray with the sealed part underneath.
2. Preheat the griddle for a few minutes. Place the prepared HOPIA on the griddle. Using 2 flat wooden spoons, constantly press and turn the sides to form a dice.
3. Continue grilling until all sides are golden brown.