July 11, 2008
1 kilo port/beef, lean
2 tbsp. salt
1/4 tsp. prague powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
5 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. rhum or gin or any white wine
Kitchen knife, mixing bowl, chopping board
1. Wash and slice (1/4 inch thick) pork/beef without removing the skin.
2. In a bowl, mix salt, sugar, prague powder, wine and garlic powder. Rub meat on both sides.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the slices and mix for even distribution.
4. Pile the slices in a bowl and cover. Keep at room temperature for 24 hours or in the refrigerator for 3 days to cure.
5. Pack in polythylene bags, seal. (Shelf life in a refrigerator is five months)