March 10, 2010
Ginataang Pagi Ingredients:
1 kilo pagi (stingray), cleaned with tail removed
5 cups water
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
4 tablespoons chopped onions
6 tablespoons chopped ginger
1 cup kakang gata (coconut cream)
4 tablespoons chopped siliing haba (finger chili)
1/2 teaspoon chopped siling labuyo (chili pepper)
1 cup malungay leaves
salt to taste
Ginataang Pagi Procedures:
1. Clean the stingray well then cut into cubes.
2. Boil in water until tender. Drain.
3. Heat some oil then saute garlic, onions, ginger, and cubed stingray.
4. Add coconut cream and chilies. Simmer until almost dry.
5. Add malungay leaves and cook for 2 more minutes. Season to taste.